Monday, February 9, 2009

THE BACK NINE - An Introduction



Welcome to THE BACK NINE

It's never to too late to become what you wanted to be...

After turning 40, I decided to chase a dream, to begin a quest to play professional golf, as I enter THE BACK NINE of my life. To many, this seems like an impossible goal.  To others, anything is possible. 

What will it take?  How long will it take?  Is it even possible?

In hopes that there are other dreamers, who can identify with the pursuit of a great challenge, I have been filming the journey.  Surrounding myself with the right team of golf and fitness instructors, doing the research and committing the time, the experience will be documented and can be found at THEBACKNINE.com. From instructional tools to equipment changes, the progress and the obstacles, this site and blogs will track the project. 

I just turned 42 - or 21 again as my wife likes to say - and part one of the movie series is nearly complete.

I've joined The Golf Channel's Amateur Tour for the second time and will track the adventures here.

I hope you will join me on what is sure to be the journey of a lifetime.

jfitz

4 comments:

Jeff said...

I am approaching 40 myself, with a real passion for golf. This web site is really terrific and your story is a real inspiration. Weather you are a golfer or just willing to follow a dream, this looks like a fantastic journey. Good Luck !

Unknown said...

Hi Jon

Just received the email giving an update on your progress. I was just thinking about everyone the other day and glad to hear that you are about to finish your fantastic journey. Hope to see you all in St Andrews. Best Wishes from the Home of Golf !

BackNine Studios said...

Thanks Jeff! I'm enjoying the ride and am happy to see others are inspired by it.

Keep in touch!

Frank said...

Jon,
I saw your web site during a trip to San Diego last weekend. That three minute promo clip was on my mind throughout the flight home. I spent some time reviewing all of the information on the site and have come to the following conclusion.
I believe your project captures the essence of our Tour Player, in a very professionally produced media. Whether the goal is to take your game to the PGA Tour, finally get your handicap to single digits, or just one time win a tournament, our Players share that passion. On some individual level, each of us can identify with this story.
Consider me as one who is anxiously awaiting the release of the movie this summer and my personal contribution is on the way.

Fairways and Greens,

Frank Fauls
Seattle Tour Director
GOLF CHANNEL Amateur Tour